Tuesday, June 13, 2006

where do you see yourself five years down the lane?

Warning: i am in a very very very "crib-about-everything-especially-my-job-mood"..
and i am feeling hungry and sleepy... so i may not have the same opnion once these basic, bottom of the Pyramid Maslow's needs are satisfied...

i really dont know what i am doing these days.. life hs become sort of mundane.. nothing wrong with it actually.. it is my belief that our life's biggest challenge is to make this mundane life as exciting as possible... getting up in the morning and deciding how to face the day is up to us...
but suddenly the last one week is making me think if all that is BullS_ _ _.

i feel like life is just passing by daily and i am just a spectator in my own life.. like some distant third person who is watching life and me go by... (exact feeling: remember dil ke raaste mein kaise thokar mai ne .. from Dil Chahta Hai?? Remember Aamir Khan with hands in his pockets standing on the pavement and all the traffic just zooming by him?? ditto feeling.. )

i am in a job (or rather occupation) which i am beginning not to like (hate would be a very strong word and i dont think i hate it yet). somewhere during the last one month it suddenly ceased to be exciting any more... and i dont have the guts to just say "to hell with it" and get the hell out of it before i get more and more depressed... so many risks (or rather uncertainities ..(yep..there is a huuuuge difference between both)).. am i ready to bear the consequences if something goes wrong??

actually i dont have a vision statement.. or a goal ( dont ask me the difference).. no goal as to where do i want to be four years down the lane?? (one year is already over so 5 minus 1 is 4) is it true that unless we have a goal we cant really achieve anything??? cant i really enjoy the route and not bother about my final destination??

one of my friend V, did his engineering at REC (or NIT).. and seems there was a guy in his class. he was the topper. and he got into MS BITS PILANI (i think.. V is it correct??).. but the guy knew that his heart was really not into it. he had a good voice and he loved singing songs.. so he chose singing as his career. i dont know how many of us would have been able to do that if we were in his place (not me atleast)..
V says there are very very very few people in this world who have what it takes to pursue their passion and convert it into their career. for all those poeple who did / are doing that i would say only one thing.. U are the most luckiest people of all...

is this a loser's way of dealing with the situation?? i dont knw.. i am still confused....
i have to get out of this attitude...

mummmyyy is the dinner ready???

13 comments:

Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

{warning: free advise ahead.read @ ur own peril} Long-term gains also might imply short-term losses which might not lead to the intended long-term gains. Chillax, and take work/life as it comes...Time's too precious to keep brooding :)
And yea, never knew you were into blogging too ! Shall have to dig into archives now... Rock on !

its me said...

@urmad:
Chill + relax = Chillax?? woooow i didnt knw it...
and thank you for the advice.. i will get back to my original self soon..hopefully

Kausum said...

Dropped by your blog from some other blog. Couldnt resist commenting.

When, I first started working, I was very excited. Couple of years down the line, I was exactly in the same state as you have written.

But now, I just enjoy the route. I live life as it comes everyday. I am still in the same state but keep myself busy so that I dont brood over this issue.

Arm Pitt said...

Amazing! you stole my thoughts! I was gonna write something very similar and am almost in the same state of mind as you..Wish I could follow my passion and make a living out of it! But again, as you said, I dont think I m that lucky!

Anonymous said...

hey som's.....
ditto feelng!!! how abt diggng out our old stories(tht shilpi wrote in class) n directng thm...gues tht'd b more excitng than wat we do now...or may b just strt writing a book!! random thots da..me as disallusioned as one cud get.
am sure maslow came up wth his needs in such a state.
anyways...keep bloggng..atleast tht adds sum joy 2 my day.

Scoot said...

my feelings...ditto
first time in here and I will be coming back for more helpings
enjoy ur weekend :)

its me said...

@kausam:
i think thats the best solution!!!

@arm pitt
hmm.. lets hope that one day we can make it..

@shwetha
hey hi.. good to see you here.. hmm.. i still have the stories.. lets see what we can do about it..

@maya:
the question is what do we do about it??

and all of you thanks for dropping by!!!

BP said...

Heya,

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your well wishes :)

Have a nice day!

arvindh said...

Great post with a philosophical touch!

Anonymous said...

Soms..its the situation where 99 out of 100 ppl are in rt now
(Hate to mention it "Middle Class"). I dont like when ppl say stop thinking abt ur dreams(No offence to anyone). I wud suggest u to keep thinking abt wat u want to do. Consider the job u r in rt now is just a small stop which will allow u to make u independent(Rather Strengthen ur knowledge and economic base). Instead of keeping ur goals at five years down the lane... i wud say plan ur goals according to ur circumstances and then decide on the schedule to achieve it.

Anonymous said...

It is a shame!

Anonymous said...

u r fucking hard-core lazy cunt!!

Anonymous said...

How is stufff goin on wid u in HR?

c ya unsatisfied cunt.