Thursday, April 20, 2006

of jasmine phool and air coolers

its that time of the year again.. time for YUMMY mangoes... time for more and more ice creams... time for power cuts and aaaahhhhhhhh the cool evening breeze.... and the fragrance of jasmine.....
summer nights are heaven
unfortunately bcoz some of us were forced to grow up... no time for summer holidays......

my favourite memories of my summer holidays were at my aunt's place. and the best part was that my sis and me were treated specially bcoz we used to come from Delhi for the holidays...
they have an independent house... so all of us cousins used to sleep on the terrace... that was the best part....
though till midnight we all would be attacked left right and centre by the mosquitoes... but then the cool breeze starts... aaahhh... no cooler / AC can be as cool.... and then it was absolute heaven... till 6:30 in the morning...
we had a rule that all of us had to get up by 6:30am... and then get ready by 9:30.... all of us kids..
and then after having a delicious breakfast / lunch (watever)... it was time for indoor games...
carrom board was an all time favourite... follwed by ludo (if any one knows wat it is), snakes & ladders (anyone who doesnt knw this can die in a spoon of water)... all the games were played only in the room which had an air cooler.. no AC's at that time...

and then it would be time for hide and seek... with all the kids in the street.. wooow it was fun....

and then poor little chubby me grew up... came to the "very-important-intermediate (+2 for those who dnt understand intermediate)-which-can-make-your-life-if you-study-very-very-very-very-hard. and there is always that intelligent cousin / neighbor who is always the brightest student in the class and always getting first rank..
i never understand how people can get first rank always... cha life would be sooo dull... always getting first.. no change... no thrill of not knowing the answer and using God's gift of creativity... pooor kids...

all of my friends in my colony used to go for morning walk.. it was sposed to be a brisk one.. but we literally crawled...get up at 5:30 and go for the walk.. we used to come back after 2 hrs...of gossiping and gossiping again. and then came engineering and MBA ... hmm way too long to write in this blog....

now Soumya is a responsible girl, working for a good company... but no summer holidayssssssss...

mummyyy i want holidayssss


and hence i conclude that teaching is the best profession.. u get to atleast show a way to the future of the world.. admire their intelligence... learn a lot from them... come home by 5:30... and the best part is TEACHERS have summer holidaysssssssss ( apart from fun.. i think teaching is the most honest and the best profession.. no place for stupid cut throat competition.. and also the satisfaction after the day's work is incomparable)




2 comments:

Sayesha said...

I miss jasmine phool too :(

dearbharat said...

/no thrill of not knowing the answer and using God's gift of creativity.../

I have a similar experience. My school was among the least performing schools in my locality. I used to see lot of my classmates carrying slips for cheating in exam hall. I, despite being methodical, decided to take some slips for exam. But I kept a back up plan or studying as well incase something goe wrong. Later in exam hall..... I dint find time to take out my slips for cheating. I realized it after coming out of exam hall and felt very depressed.