Tuesday, April 25, 2006

why me????

CAUTION: i observed that my sense of humour is bad in the mornings. i rewrote this post in the morning.

Post starts....

my parents work in banks. both of them. so transfers were as common as sardi (common cold). so i was happily living life in Hyderabad, when we got transferred to Delhi. wen i was in sixth class. then i enjoyed four glorious years there. i would have been there even a little longer, but my brother (aunt's son) and my mom were adamant abt me pursuing my further eductaion in Hyderabad and becoming a suucessful Saaaaftware engineer staying the in VOOO.S.A.
sorry everyone. i am neither a saftware engineer nor at Vooooyesa.

so every summer we used to visit all my relatives in Hyderabad, so that my mom would not have any tension of "what-the-kids-are-doing-at-home-all-alone-by-themselves" for the two months of the holidays.

everytime and i mean each and everytime there were three types of co-passengers:
  • Uncle's and aunty's whose Son's were at the US
  • couples with kids aged between 3 months and 5 years.
  • people who start taking out anything and everything which can be classified as "EDIBLE"

SCENE ONE : kids are cute. really. i love them and want to have atleast two of my own may be two / three years down the lane... but picture this situation... it is summer.. second class.. too many people.. tooo much suffocation... everyone is haggling about the seats... all the vendors shouting...aa caffeeeyyaaa ... aaa chhhaayyyeee... buttermilk.... ice creammmmmmmm... idli..vada..dosa

pooor kids... wat else can they do??? every one is crying.. running noses....all the kids want to have ice creams and tiger biscuits.

SCENE TWO : we used to travel in AP express. so, many people know telugu and we get talking... maa abbayi vooosu lo unnadu (my son is in the voo.S) (what is he doing there??? no they dont want to talk abt it...) nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... why dont you go?? what are your future plans?? (my future plan at that time was to successfully get down the train without shouting at any one, or give some rude answer and be treated as an outlaw...) thank God i was not pursuing my engg.. they would have forced me to apply for MS.

SCENE THREE : the third type are the ones who get in with an extra gunny bag of eatables... moongphali, being the most commonly carried eatable. the one with the outer cover... so even before the train starts, the train floor is full of chilke (methinks they are called chilke.) and then comes out the popcorn and chips..they are dutifully offered to everyone around the 100km radius. not that i hate food. i love food. sometimes i wonder if i eat to live or live to eat... but my appetite is dead.

SCENE ONE +SCENE TWO+ SCENE THREE == curtain raiser for the summer holidays...

its been sooooo long since i travelled in a train. inspite of all the hungama, i am missing it. really.

PS: Voo.S.A == U.S.A

8 comments:

Ankit said...

its nice tht u had the luck to move to new places n make new frnds...
btw which is better hyd or delhi ???

yeah trains are fun for sure...

its me said...

@ Ankit
no comments... i loved both the places..and yes.. i have loveliest friends, which make the places even more fun and memorable

Abhi said...

You are as lucky as a millionaire's wife buddy . I last sat in a train in 1993 . Since then its been planes which is as dry as the sahara.I mean , what fun is there in a 2 hour journey seated besides stiff guys in business suits ? Trains are good .

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Hahahaa ... i know how it is gettin transferred all the time ... my dad keeps gettin tfd. too !! That's why i have so many friends yet no one that close to me!


i love kids too ... as long as they're NOT CRYING!! The moment they start crying (which is mostly due to my extra coochie-cooing/cuddling) ... i try to run away as soon as and as far as I can!!!


Sorry abt being so ignorant .. whats VOO.SA?


Btw i hate the very word engineering ... the moment i opted for Science after my 10th .. everyone was like ... oh so u gonna do engineering? ... gonna try for IIT? bla bla .. for heavens sake .. all the science students on this earth don't wanna be engineers/doctors!!!

Sigh!
For graduation I made sure i don't choose anythin wich has got somethin to do with engg .. so i opted for Information Systems ... but jeez! my first semester ... i had to study Saaaaaftware Engineering!!! :((


hahaaa @ moongphali .. how true!


Seriously even i havent travelled in an Indian train for ages now ... the way u went about it .. i could recall everythin so clearly!!


I toldja i'll be back to read all ya posts!!!

rock on!

its me said...

@cheesy:
oh i am so sorry.
Voo.S.A means USA. as in United States of America....
it is pronounced by ceratin ppl in that way.

Rose said...

~smiles~

I wud Like to correct that first sentence.. Ur sense of humour is pretty good in the mornings... probably wats crankiness to oneself is humour to others.. ;)

U forgot abt the fourth kind... the creepy ones who stare at u with the concentration of a geologist examining a meteorite.. makes me wonder if im developing a pair of horns or sumthn... :))))

:)

..Me

DSK said...

Hey there :-)

there is one more class of people who should be banned in trains..snoring people..how much i despise them...and I wish.. that for once atleast i could be a better snorer to give it back to them!!

dearbharat said...

U dint notice my types...... Methodical and in their own world.

1. I hope none of u fellow travellers have any of ur family members sitting in a distant coach and u want me to swap my berth for that unfortunate family member of urs.

2. Now, I would like to know if anybody has preference for any particular berth - Lower, middle, Upper, Aisle or inside etc. I would like to choose the left over berth.
3. Now I have occupied the leftover berth. Please do not disturb me.

After this my typeof passenger travel unnoticed. Getting down as and when necessary ensuring least inconvenience to others.